Thursday 30 January 2014

OUGD505 - Design Practice 2: Studio Brief 1 (Initial Development)

Below are a lot of photographs of various pieces of development. I have been experimented quite a lot with my publication before settling on the final design and so thought it would be worthwhile to document all of the different stages and the changes that I have gone through. 

These are some photographs of the initial nets I created when experimenting with the packaging of the publication. I wanted to try and create something really different and memorable and certainly interactive for autistic children to engage with. I decided to print out a variety of different nets to start with and then construct them all individually to that I could assess which are the most successful and appropriate to use. 


This is just a simple box net which I thought would be quite appropriate, but it doesn't really fold out in any particular way so I don't think I will be using it for my final publication. 




I then created my own publication and net combined, using a box net and then placing all of the individual pages inside. I like this idea but I don't think it is appropriate for this brief. The first photograph demonstrates what the packaging looks like without the individual pages inside.









I then experimented with a fold out box shown below. I am really intrigued by this idea and think it could work really well. The net itself is really basic and I have included all of the individual concertinas on the inside. 



This is another concertina layout idea. The two concertinas are attached together and they fold away into a square. I feel as though this concept is a little bit too simple and not complex enough for me to develop my work and progress throughout this module. 



This is a really simple fold out which could work quite well within the box demonstrated above. Although I am not sure whether it is necessary for me to complicate the design by including something like this, as I feel as though the simple concertinas work really well.


This is just some really simple packaging which could include individual sheets of paper. Considering the publication is based on autism, I don't feel as though this idea is creative enough or interactive enough. 




No comments:

Post a Comment