Tuesday 14 January 2014

OUGD504 - Design Production: Design For Print and Web (Web Resolution)

As my pop up shop lends itself more to print than it does to web, I had to consider my options quite a lot when it came to designing for screen. I decided that I would design a Twitter page and a Facebook page, as people will be using them for the foreseeable future. I also decided that I would create a website which is just one page and exists as a form of advertising for the pop up store. I therefore want it to be really clean and simple. In a similar way to the Yorkshire Soap Company and The Imaginarium, I would like the visitor to have to go to the shop itself to experience it and buy the products inside the shop as opposed to online, which is why I will just be providing the customer with imagery online and relevant information about where the shop will be situated throughout 2014.

TWITTER

The twitter page is just really simple and easy to follow. it would be used to keep all of the customers and people interested informed of any new ranges that are coming out. 


FACEBOOK

In a similar way, the Facebook page would do the same but I could create albums with all of the images organised.


WEBSITE

My website therefore is a very simplistic web page which is all on one page with links to Facebook and Twitter. 

Scamp

Unfortunately I haven't had as long to produce my website as I would have liked. However, having said that I did not feel as though my shop needing a huge website to support it, as I want the interior to be a mystery to encourage people to visit. 



Wireframe

I have created a simple linear wireframe to work with so hopefully it will be fairly straight forward to apply all of my imagery and text.



This is what my final website looks like. It is very miminal and doesn't have too much information on it, because I would rather my customers use the Twitter and Facebook feed as well as the website to find information, as this would be easier to keep up to date on the move from one location to the next.









No comments:

Post a Comment