Today I was fortunate enough to be able to collaborate with one of the photography students who helped me take photographs of all of my work. It took a lot longer than I had anticipated, but I am really happy with the final outcomes and look forward to seeing them once they have been put on to the computer.
At the start I tried to lay all of my products out with the bag on the left hand side and all of the other products to the right or below. I wanted to try and create a rectangle with all of my products to make it look neat and balanced. I spent quite a while moving the products around to try and make it look right.
I then decided to move the bag in to the centre and put all of the other products around it. This was much more successful. The photographs came out really well, however because a lot of my work is three dimensional there were a lot of shadows on the photo, so I suggested that we used another light on the other side to counteract the shadow and it worked. This allowed the photographs to be much clearer and focused on the product rather than the dark shadows they were producing.
I will be posting all of the final photographs as soon as I receive them, and will be applying them to my final design boards as well as my website.