Tuesday 14 January 2014

OUGD504 - Design Production: Design For Print ('Turning Over A New Leaf')

I wanted to create a separate post to make it clear how much I have developed my idea from start to finish. At the start of this brief I was considering making an information pack using vegetable based inks or inks made out of leaves. This then developed in to a mail shot which was going to be sent out by the government to encourage graphic designers and printers to be more sustainable. When I found out that this was going to be more of a challenge than I had first anticipated my idea developed even further, I spoke to Phil at LGP Print in Leeds, and he allowed me to develop a leaflet for his business.

Therefore, taking the idea of 'turning over a new leaf' at the start, has been the one consistent underlying concept all throughout my work. Rather than encouraging other to turn over a new leaf, I have essentially been able to do this myself, by breaking out of my comfort zone and designing something much more refined and simple than what I would normally produce. 

By learning this new way of working I have developed a broad range of skills that I didn't have before, and as a result I now feel as though the experience has benefited me and will continue to do so in the future when I deal with more clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment