Wednesday, 28 November 2012

OUGD404 - Manipulating Type: Birth of a font

Having hand rendered all of my font without placing them on a baseline, I thought it would be appropriate to do it digitally, to see whether or not they work correctly. I used this image as a guideline and drew my lines in the same format. This allowed me to illustrate the cap height, x-height as well as the baseline. I noticed that with the lowercase letter 'b' it was sometimes hard to know whether or not to fill the x-height with the bowl or not, as in some cases this caused the stem to overlap the cap height which is inaccurate. I placed them as well as I could though and I think they all work quite well as sets of fonts.



No comments:

Post a Comment